View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 05:24 AM
Angel of Nightmares
Nightmareangel has a spectacular aura aboutNightmareangel has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Nightmareangel
The card game is a mix of FF8 and a card level/hp/mp system we devised. DC and I went back and forth on ideas for how we wanted battling to work and in the end we decided on the FF8 numeric style.

As for the visuals I made most of those cards several years back. At the time when we first started the project I believe Classic either didn't have many gfx artists or they were busy on other projects. I honestly don't remember. Anyway I'm not a graphics wiz obviously lol. I decided on a style though and went with it. Basically either creating scenes in the graal editor or taking existing scenes, screenshotting them and then cutting them down to fit the card template. The templates themselves...some cards have unique ones while others share templates. The ones that share templates were supposed to be cards of the same set (I had plans for card sets where if you had the entire set in your deck when you played of the cards they would receive a bonus points to their stats). I figured making sets would also add to the collecting aspect of the game. Not sure if that's still planned or not or if I even shared the idea with anyone but DC lol.

Anyway sorry for babbling. I don't care for some of the visuals of the cards myself (Hate the conch shell card and I made it lol). But there are some I love and I think the visuals add to the character of the game tbh. But eh...maybe I'm biased lol.

"Boredom is that from which insanity is born."

Former Classic Game Coordinator Adminstrator of Doom