Thread: sadly
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2002, 09:51 AM
Script Monkey
Kaimetsu will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by SupermanJR
Umm.. See.. That makes me mad. As a Level Maker my self, i'm annoyed when people tell us we are the at the "Bottom of the latter".. It's sickening. It's not easy, and players do care about the quality of the levels. When Gaia was up, guess why they only had a few people? Simple. Levels were god awful.
Indeed. A random generator would have made better levels.

Quote:
The Graphics are EXCELLENT, though a little off the style of graal.. But either way, great. It's NPC's are better than most.. But the main factor why they don't get players are the levels.
The NPCs were pitiful. The levels were awful, true, but I'm not saying that bad levels don't break a server. I'm saying that, past a certain point, it doesn't much matter how good your levels are. As long as you can throw together a simple layout without making hundreds of tile errors, you're a sufficiently good level maker. Levelling isn't a fine art; it's just the process of making the paper on which the scripting and the graphics are written.

Quote:
So, don't put the Level Makers down. mmm'kay was a great level maker, and one to be remembered. Haunter.. No idea who that is.
Mmmmkay was excellent, yeah. He had a great deal of talent, I don't deny that.

Quote:
Script Monkeys such as your self; don't put us as Level Makers down. You're just a far down the latter as us. LAT NAT and GFX are the ones that have a level 2 RC..
Don't be foolish, I'm not talking about the power ladder. I'm not talking about RCs and junk like that. I'm talking about influence on a server. A scripter can make Graal into anything he wants. He can implement any game design feature he chooses and radically change the gameworld in doing so. A level maker just fleshes out the world that the scripter creates. Hell, I'm even making a 3D server. How useful will level makers be to that?