View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyhm View Post
and Playerworlds Can't Give Passwords, so newbies can play Classic without the "Mask of Majora" syndrome - "Every time I go there, it's the same day! I have to redo the [by now] stupid Push The Block quest, then I have to redo the [by now] lame Save The Castle quest..." - instead they just get frustrated at having to remember a 20-character password on a nag-screen: "Just $20 to buy the game and upgrade forever, you'll never have to deal with another one of these Password Saves!" - but people will suffer through such things to play a Free Game, they're used to it.
Era has a password system, but it's basically just for staff and players who want the extra security of another password (or who feel that their account might be compromised). As soon as you log on the coloreffect of the level is set to black, no items can be dropped and you can't move until you enter the password. The passwords are encoded and stored in the players strings, but it probably wouldn't be hard to create something similar that stores all the players strings in a text file and then re-sets them from the textfile to their strings when they log back on and enter the password. It wouldn't be legal to do that though :P
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	password.png
Views:	199
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	38820