Thread: Rate/Comment
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2005, 06:29 PM
Shaun will become famous soon enough
I won't give you a numerical rating, I'm too afraid of showing inconsistency, but what I do not like, I will point out:

-Climate doesn't make sense: How could you have a desert near a body of water, with bushes, but not "swamp"? "Swamp" is really long grass, and if there is enough moisture to have bushes grow (as well as those newer plants I see), then certainly there is enough moisture for longer grass to grow. A desert COULD exist that close to a body of water, but it would need a barrier to keep out the moisture, not a desert valley right beside it (the body of water).
-The dirt patches/grass patches, save for the desert part, are mostly generic and bland.
-Random fence posts. I don't know if this is the new Graal style that came with NewMain (yes, a very distinct style did arise when NewMain came. I'm a fan of the more classic style). At first I thought maybe this was the remains of a farm or such, with only fence posts remaining. The time it would take the tectonic plates the shift to turn the farm into a mountainous terrain like this would have easily demolished the fence posts, even the one with big buff arms.
-Various tile errors on either side of the house where it connects over that mountain part. How nobody yet picked up on this really disturbs me. Also, there are a couple very minor tile errors with a couple of the cliff tops. As well as some of the grass connecting to dirt. Also, the top-left most corner tile. I don't know if that will work, I would have to see other levels connecting to this.