Thread: Stop.
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 09:42 AM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
Roar, or something. *shrugs* I can't really put up a fight for My Version Of Classic anymore. I don't have the time, power, or energy to put things back the way I remember them, and even if I did someone would miss something that I thought was trivial which came about after I left...

Just...I dunno...find a map you guys like and stick with it...all these Vast Overwhelming Wipes are wrecking any sense of communal continuity that might otherwise be built.

A thought - outsides should be changed very, very rarely. Remember when Supernick's got dropped on Northern Limits, back in Nightlord's reign? Freakin' sucked, it was such a pain walking around that Sudden Pyramid.
I dunno, maybe the world needs to be sizable. Classic was just too big for its playercount when I was done with it; there were too many Levels To Explore! with nothing in 'em. Underwater was cool but underdeveloped...maybe it would be worth considering having a Huge Defined Map! and blocking most of it off with rockslides. Give you plenty of time to develop the east cape before you let people in to gasp in wonder and delight at the multitudinous nooks and crannies and miniquests and playerhouses in what would have otherwise been a sparsely populated stretch of terrain.

But again, people hate waiting for updates, so I dunno.

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233