View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 01:40 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
I still stand by the idea that era should shift towards loadout based gameplay where you can login and jump right into the action. put 100% of the focus on pking, gangs, events, and completely strip away the economy. you could keep money in the game, but make pking the primary source of income. there are plenty of ways to give money a purpose. although players would have instant access to majority of guns in the game with the loadout system, you could require items like explosives and armor to be purchased, or allow players to have a specialty weapon in their loadout, but the specialty weapon would need special ammo that needs to be purchased.

I won't get too into it because it'll never happen. I suggested the same thing a few years ago and was met with a lot of resistance. yet here we are with a reset on the horizon, and I can not wrap my head around the idea of people actually wanting to start from scratch and go through a process that has been completely exhausted for how many years now?

maybe I'm wrong, but I truly believe that era and pc graal in general's only hope of getting "new" players is to attract older players back to the game. resetting the server with the intention of balancing the economy would essentially be shooting yourself in the foot at this point. you need something fresh to spark some life into era, not a "balanced economy."