View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 02:25 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
You currently can't change the color of water. Also, the edge of the water is very sharp, and not soft like the screenshot. Lastly as far as I know you can't apply a texture to the water like in the screenshot unless he's somehow hacking around that like you would with regular levels and layers, but I doubt that since the transition from ground tiles to water is very abrupt(aka some ground tiles show under the water level, since they're rendered separately).
Yes, with tilelayers you CAN change water color. Just not sure on the sand/grass to water.. because changing the RGBA of the tile would change the whole tile. Possible custom tileset for second layer with textures since anything above layer 0 is non blocking.

I was actually working on a system that used 2 layers for diving. When player dives the water becomes transparent.. the ground would then become black cuz your under water and cannot see it.. and I used 3 layers for this effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
Yes you can. In version 6, you can use watercolorflags..
Well this is a nice addition.. but water color flags? something like tilelayer.watercolor?? are we limited to just RGB or will we also get alpha (for layered water)..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi View Post
Awesome art but it looks really out of place next to the GK bodies.
Agreed.