View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 08:05 AM
Absolut_Crono is an unknown quantity at this point
This was not a hat contest, nor was it a contest in which only a hat was supposed to be the prize. Saying I should broaden the range of hats would be pretty silly. What would be the defining factor in order to set where his bounds are? What I feel is Halloween related? He won the broom, so he got the option of taking the broom, or EP Value of the broom, or the third place prize. The reason the third place prize is offered is BECAUSE second place is better than third place, so he deserves at least that much. To say we need to double third place's prize is absurd, and to say we should broaden the range of hats to choose from is not only more complex than the competition itself, the value of the hat itself may fall either above or below the value of the broom. The only prizes to be given away were a broom, a hat ticket and a Halloween hat, the rest of the "or other prizes" was supposedly added on by Luca, who did not run the event. You say we should offer a happy medium, but when you are told "I want 2 hats or a Hat ticket" it's not so simple. That being said, I offer the exact EP value of a broom, which is 200EP.

Take into consideration, a contest you enter in which you can win an XBOX 360, PS3, or a Wii. If you already have a 360 and you win one in the contest, can you ask for a PS3 instead? What about 2 Wiis? I agree that the prizes were not clearly spelled out 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prize, but it's not like Nike said "You can win anything you like!". Also note "possibly other prizes" not "additionally other prizes", though as I said before, I am not sure what these prizes may be, as Luca added that portion personally.

Moving on, I did not offer anything else to Luda at the time other than the broom and 3rd place prize, because by the time we got halfway through the conversation of him telling me he wants 2 hats or a hat ticket only, he began acting very poorly, so I felt it was a waste of time to sit and reason with him further at that point in time. I'm willing to explore some other options, but it likely wouldn't be related to hats.