View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 07:20 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
Ya, I got that.
But then you'd still primarily be using Era's Party system, which for the most part feels too tacky and temporary for parties to really be competitive.
You'd need to manage your Guild through the Graal website Guild CP AND through the party system in the game (which is limited to 5 members).
Also your Global Guild wouldn't get any activity rating, because you wouldn't actually be setting a Global Guild tag (this was my main point; you'd still be circumventing the actual global guild tag system).

I'd rather if they just enabled global guilds and performed a check when somebody sets a guild tag to see if fewer than 5 people are already on that guild tag. If they even want to keep the 5 person limit for non-gang groups.

Having an in-game GuildCP would just make the global guild option umpteen times more convenient.
when armageddon was in the works, we pushed for this type of thing (since the server's entire focus was on global guilds) and we were told it was not an option. the real benefit would be from being able to pull up member lists and allow guilds to use certain features depending on where they stand in their global guild rankings. it doesn't save a lot of time having the CP in graal itself (though it would make it faster, i suppose)

fact is, i don't see why xor should be congratulated on attaining (more like forced upon, seemingly) a position that has nothing going for it. the only good thing coming from this is the time tigarius will save not having to accept guilds? i mean, big deal: why wasn't a thread made for xor when he became manager of classic iphone? (i didn't even know he had that position) at least that's a worthwhile job that deserves merit: global guild admin has never been important except in things like graalympics, and even then it was more the player's taking charge than anything else (and thym and angel back when they were game masters)