View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 10:14 AM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradigger View Post
Why would they cut out such a big chunk of their playerbase when they even supported them for all these years? It's one thing to not port your game to GNU/Linux, but for a game like Graal that was already natively working on GNU/Linux, cutting support for the client just seems stupid.
Inevitably the Linux playerbase isn't all that large especially when compared to Windows and Mac OSX and from a business standpoint it may make sense to cut support for Linux completely. The smaller playerbase would undoubtedly provide less revenue compared to their counterparts and this may even outweigh development costs.

Obviously I'm not condoning such an act as I am an avid Linux user myself but support for our OS has been steadily in decline. The "latest" Linux client was updated 2 years 5 months and 9 days ago and since "Admins" left, support for Linux is much lower.

I remember a time when the Linux client was superior to Windows especially when I came to performance and stability, because of this I was able win the Hour Glass event on Graal Kingdoms constantly as I could finish half of the course before anyone else could even move due to the heavy lag incurred the amount of players in the level.

It is a little bit ironic though, Linux now has more support for video games than It ever has and it seems that one of the games that has always, in a sense pioneered gaming on Linux may drop support for it all together.