Thread: End of EoA
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2004, 07:45 PM
VIP runned out
ETD is on a distinguished road
End of EoA

I am going to ask Spark to take EoA off the hosted tab...

This has been caused by several things... the one thing to set this off is our Asst. Manager just quit... he was the main scripter, and very important to the PW project. Everyone should know our scripting shortage... and right now we are only left with 1 scripter, who does not have the time to script everything we need for a whole PW.

(be prepared for a long rambling post.. I can feel it coming)

ok, from the start. End of Ages was started in my head September of 2002. It was given a name, and staff list in November, by a group of people who had grouped together to try to help N-pulse, but were regected by MG, and so we desided to make our own server... and used my basic ideas for the formation of it (and I came up with the name). It was supposed to be owned equily between 6 people, but that never worked out... most left before any real work was ever done. So I became manager January of 2003, and hired my own group of staff. We worked hard for the next 1/2 a year, till we finally went online (private) around September of 2003. After a few months, we had some trouble with the PW renter, and deleted our stuff off there, and got a new server to upload our stuff on. We had been fine there untill resently, where we are having some problems with the PW renter again...

Anyways, that's a long story short.. lots of details left out. Here is the bottom line:

Active Development staff left: 3 LAT's, 1 GAT, 1 NAT

This is NOT enough staff to make a new PW... We barely had enough with 2 scripters. No matter how good our gfx, or levels are... we can not have a PW without scripts. I have been trying my hardest to get scripters.. I've asked all my scripter friends, gone to every PW a few times a week looking for scripters, and I have made threads in the forums here, asking for help... and we haven't gotten any. I thought that maybe if we were moved to the hosted tab, we might get some interested people... but 80% of the people log on, never leave the start level, don't even wait for the tileset to load, and just say "this playerworld sucks" and log off
-_-
In my opinion, we had THE best levels on graal... even if the tileset isn't finnished yet. And the tileset was shaping up to be the best classic tileset I had ever seen (the sand and water tiles have yet to be made public... and it all looks great put together)
People comment on the tileset, but do not realize that it is a work in progress... we were going to re-make just about all the classic tiles... but that takes time.

Anyways, I am extremely sorry to everyone who has spent hours and hours working on/for EoA, I feel really bad. But I thought it would be better to just end this now, before wasting anymore of everyone's time and money. A Server without scripts might be nice to look at, but would never be a good server to play unfortunatly.