Thread: UC Playerworlds
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2003, 01:10 PM
US Marine
Soul-Blade is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Soul-Blade
Quote:
Originally posted by _0AfTeRsHoCk0_

I proposed this back just before I quit the PWA, you can even ask Angel. Stefan said that this was a good idea, but he wanted to release the PW's very soon, in a couple months. Then Angel and I (mostly Angel) went around pushing these private servers for information and asking them what they have done/expected release dates. Releases of Frolic and Gaia were the result of these pushes.

I think all servers should be inspected. I don't consider it stepping our bounds because we don't have the actual power to say "you're getting shut down, buddy, say goodbye" but we're merely an investigative and informative group to Nemesis and Stefan and Unixmad on these issues. It's a bit bureaucratic, but there is no way the three of them can get everything done alone if they have to do it themselves. If we started inspecting these UC PW's (which I plan to once I talk to Nemesis) then we won't be pushing for amazingly fast progress within weeks, we understand that everyone has a life and that ideas come gradually and slowly but enough to have something tangible and playable after a few months of work. I don't see why everyone is getting hyper-sensitive about this issue, because it would really be no different if Stefan came onto your playerworld and asked what you've been doing and how you are going.
Merely grouping the information? I know how things work. Your good buddy on AIM messages you saying "So I heard you went on Oasis, you get any screenshots?" Then you say "Yeah, got a few, for PWA only though sorry can't show" then he says "Come on, we are good friends, you can trust me" then you "Well, just don't show ANYONE, ok?" him "Yeah of course!" him after done talking "*shows**shows**shows*shows*". I'm not stupid. I know how it works. Then I will get idiotic IMs of people saying ignorant things based on your report.

There is in fact a major difference between you guys, and Stefan, or Jagen, or Angel, or all of GST. Stefan can see the significance of the script I have done, or how nicely things flow. My PWA is optimized for developer use, not play. There is no introduction, there is no structure, there is plenty of un solid things slowly coming together.

If PWA came on, who are mere players, they would not understand anything about what they see. If jagen comes on, like he recently did, he understands what he sees. In a month or 2 from now, when I have developed further, THEN players would understand what they see, and possibly I would allow PWA on, right before alpha release.

The fact is, that is all PWA is. A group of non-developers, inspecting the worlds. Playing the worlds. Now, I am all good with GST coming on my RC, and looking at new classes I have added, and looking at NPCWs I have added, and looking at my control NPC....heck I would even give read rights to see the ftp. But no one will be logging on to the actual world other then the ones I have let, because if you truly were checking progress, all you would need is RC.