View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 09:04 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
I'm a chef in real life. I thought the food system was very charming and well done. My server, Bomy Island, features a food system that is nowhere near as good. I would love to expand it and make it good, but all the work I could do in the world is not going to make it as good as what Nintendo did there. To call BOTW's food situation shallow is a slanted comment. Shallow compared to what? It's clearly deep compared to any other game I have seen attempt anything similar.
It's definitely charming, especially in the way things animate and the sounds that are being played during the thing. It just felt boring quickly, hence shallow. You go into this expecting so many different possibilities, but in the end it's essentially a range of different effects you can mix together, and the food that carries the specific effect barely matters. No secret or interesting special combinations of anything, except for that monster cake you needed for that one side quest.