Thread: I want answers
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 12:33 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Bloodborne, The Last of Us, Horizon: Zero Dawn, inFAMOUS, Driveclub, Persona 5, Ratchet & Clank
I have played these, so you won't be able to sneak past me like this is a good list of games. These games suck.

Quote:
The horse controls aren't good in BOTW
Wrong.

I agree with you on everything else, BOTW is easy as heck for me especially after completing Zelda 2 recently the hard way (no save states). Splatoon is just...wow. I cannot praise Splatoon enough, but I felt the same way about Pikmin 3 which is highly underrated.

Still, it's more of a mix between Zelda and Animal Crossing style gameplay, and as such it is extremely groundbreaking in the sense that there has literally never been a game of the sort. They tried something new and it worked. The meat and potatoes this game has to offer do not lie in conventional linear straightforward gameplay. I have spent a few hundred hours with the game and I have only completed 2 of the dungeons. It is a game for people who like to make their own open-ended fun, so people for instance who like to rely on others solely for entertainment might not like it as much as I did. For those type of people, I suggest the type of games that are half-movie half-game hybrids like Uncharted, or Metal Gear Solid which is a much better game than Uncharted that does this in a less annoying style.

Here's my list of criticisms of Zelda BOTW:

-Weapons don't break fast enough (always have a full inventory of them even after collecting most of the korok seeds)

-The main bosses are not imaginative (i love the OW minibosses on the other hand)

-No fishing rod (fishing is top tier in this game, in fact it's a strength, and you can even use bait. but why do i have to do it with a bow or spears?)

That's literally it. I tried to think of something else that bothers me, but honestly none of the other stuff does. I thought I would hate the fact that traditional dungeons aren't in the game but the truth is that I started loving it once I got further into the game. It's refreshing and makes it never feel like I am going down a laundry list of chores. At one point I found a crack in the ground near a far edge of the map, and I bombed it revealing an underground cave with a shrine inside that was easily as large and complex as a mid-tier dungeon from any Zelda game. It's stuff like this that Nintendo is the master of. They always come out of left field right when you think you have them figured out. There is never a linear moment in the game, and there has never been a game to even attempt that before. This unmasks Grand Theft Auto, Skyrim, Fallout and all the other "open world" games as completely linear games hiding behind open maps.

Last edited by Kamaeru; 04-07-2017 at 01:02 PM..