Thread: I want answers
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 12:03 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Whew, this thread is weird. I feel like throwing my hat in the ring as well, though, especially since I finally finished BotW yesterday, after about 105 hours of playing it. A few thoughts in no particular order:

BotW was great, but I agree with the 8/10, because it has too many flaws to be considered groundbreaking. The world was beautiful, and I love exploration, so it gave me a lot there. What it has in world variety, though, it doesn't have in, uh, "other" variety. I really wish there would be more types of monsters, for example, and shrine variety was also ****, and I'm not even talking about complexity of those. "Look, we have 120 shrines!" Uh-huh, and how many of those were "combat trials" or ones with only a chest in it because you apparently earned it by simply finding the thing? And, god dammit, something like 90% of the shrines were piss easy. I really hated that part in the end. The divine beasts were similarly unchallenging. Ugh. In the end, I still liked the game (105 hours, remember?). But it could've been a lot better. Oh yea, horse controls also suck hard.

Next thought! Wii U has the best games? Hell no. I bought mine for Splatoon only, pretty much, which was worth it considering the 800 hours I spent playing it. Sold the Wii U once I got my Switch. Wii U has some good games, but failed as a whole. On the topic of Splatoon: it's amazing, and I can't wait for the sequel. But it's different from other shooters, so I don't see a point in comparing it to any. I regularly play CS:GO, Overwatch and Battlefield 1 and love them all, and Splatoon 2 will join the ranks once it's out. Kamaeru, you're asking what's on the PS4? Huh, let's see. There's Bloodborne, The Last of Us, Horizon: Zero Dawn, inFAMOUS, Driveclub, Persona 5, Ratchet & Clank, ... can't think of any others right now.

Final thought: I like Nintendo. I like what they did with the Switch. BotW was pretty cool (was because replayability is literally zero). I think third party devs will like the Switch as well. Nintendo are not gods, though, and they sure as hell are not making the best games currently available.