Thread: I want answers
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 03:34 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Wii was an amazing system and it has better hardcore games than PS3 / 360 which are failed platforms. You have emotional triggered reactions to the memories of when the wee-wee jokes weren't getting through to all your friends and they all bought the console that was supposedly "not mature". Motion controls were innovative. Many games used them in innovative ways, such as Metroid Prime 3. People have fun with it.

When I make the argument that Wii U has better games than PS4, that's because it's palpable. What even is there on PS4 that compares to the quality level of Bayonetta 2, Pikmin 3, Super Mario Maker, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Xenoblade X, etc?

They literally have no games on a similar tier of quality whatsoever, I'm sorry but Fallout isn't cutting it compared to BOTW and Skyrim is beyond sad.

Want to play the funnest and most innovative new online multiplayer shooter game complete with match lobby times taking around ~5 seconds and zero server lag on your Plebstation/Xbox tier platform? Too bad, they don't have Splatoon on those or even on Steam. If you want to play that you need Wii U or Switch. Honestly, I don't even see a comparison here, Wii U annihilates the other platforms when it comes to quality content that is refreshing to play that I actually enjoy. I get if it's not your personal preference, but Nintendo has consistently amazed me in recent years contrary to your claim that they make mediocre games. I agree, Mario Party is lame, and I never buy those games. They sell like 50 million copies each though and lots of people enjoy them, while Zelda and Metroid games often only sell around 2 million each.

The fact that Nintendo even bothers making the traditional games you're criticizing them for making is actually a blessing they give us, because financially they don't have a huge amount of incentive to do it. They do it for the people like me who actually greatly appreciate them for it, and I assume it's because Kyoto-based business philosophy is greatly concerned with the subjects of honor and integrity.