Thread: Stolen graphics
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2016, 02:19 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklux View Post
Are you serious or is this this thread a nice parody for christmas? Not that funny tho :O

Some thoughts: G2K1 was once one of the few official server projects and was abandoned shortly after the success of Kingdoms. Let us assume, that everyone should stop using that content. What is the consequence? Should everyone also stop using Classic Heads, Tiles and Sprites? Should people be forbidden to create classic styled playerworlds?

Another good example. Aren't these the tiles currently distributed for "normal" use?
Sorry - G2k1 was no "Player"world back then, but rather official Graal content and has influenced the following Playerworlds in many ways - Graphics, Gameplay and so on.

If you created new content and someone would steal that, I would fully agree with your demand to take that down, but you are talking about content that is ~15 years old? You cannot turn back time - and finally - we are having other problems at the moment. I doubt that your playercount is being limited by mean Playerworlds that greedily steal G2K1 Content....
People stealing our content for 15 years is testament to my point, not yours. How many times do I have to say this? The longer amount of time the content has been abused doesn't make it any more okay.

Furthermore I guess I will have to say this again for the third time: obviously my goal here is not to ban other servers from using g2k1 content, but I want to make the staff of those servers aware of the fact that it's not original content and ask them to please make their own. I am aware that g2k1's hats were distributed to these servers in a time when they were lacking the talent 2k1 had, but that is no longer the case and in 2016 it's just lazy.