Thread: So?
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 03:08 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusFreak250 View Post
Either way I do think that the way microtransactions are executed on iServers is horrible but there's different ways they could be implemented without using a cash shop and ruining the economy.
My plans are to revamp the economy but you won't see a cookie cutter cash shop like other servers. To unveil every idea I have in the works here would be foolish.

Quote:
My point is more to do with the playerbase rather than the money side of things though. I don't doubt you'd be able to recreate the game perfectly but what's the point of that if no one plays and how fun would it really be?
I am taking this as evidence that you have never played Graal2001. It's the funnest game I've ever played man, you're gonna love it. It certainly is this:
Quote:
something really different from other servers
---
Quote:
if they didn't make games like Legend of Zelda or Mario exclusive do you think nearly as many people would buy their consoles? Not sure about you but I for one wouldn't.
Exactly! This is only proving my point. PC Graal is a platform. Having an awesome game to play on the platform that doesn't patronize users will improve PC Graal user count and that's the bottom line of what I want to accomplish here.

Those who believe that a single game cannot revive a dying game platform need only look at the example of Pokemon in 1996 which revived the handheld gaming market and made the dying Game Boy platform viable for many more years than originally projected.

"..when a problem just can't be solved no matter what, someone is lying." - Shigeru Miyamoto

(slightly off subject - it can ironically be argued that the mass popularity of pokemon created the userbase, market and audience which allowed for a game like Graal to exist in the first place, and it can even more ironically be argued that pokemon was a key factor that caused proliferation of casual handheld gaming which rolled out the red carpet for the iphone game market.)

Last edited by Kamaeru; 04-27-2016 at 03:38 PM..