Thread: So?
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 12:03 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
Yeah they actually don't. I would argue that nearly 100% of actual real world Graal2001 players are not interested in playing it on anything other than PC.
So like... a handful of people? Woo... that justifies the work of all the effort that it would take to revive the server and make it playable!
Quote:
Okay, well everyone already is aware that those are not very adept platforms either. I shouldn't even be explaining this in the year 2016.
Ya, shouldn't have to explain your point. How convenient..
Quote:
Cool straw man analogy! Here's the part where I shatter your subjective moral high ground. iPhone does not provide any advantage over other leading video game platforms as far as user availability. There are millions of PC gamers who could get access to Graal and become interested via advertising, and it really helps to gain players when a PC game receives actual support. Maybe you should think about the reasons why PC Graal lost so many players, because there are more reasons than personal bias why it's a more viable platform than iPhone or Facebook. Here's an example: why not release Graal on Steam? That's a rhetorical question, because derp!
I don't care about any of that. The point is Graal is what it is, has what it has, and releasing a server only to PC is practically subjecting it to a quick death. No point being hypothetical about what Graal could be on different platforms when it's not. You just want 2k1 back to be what would amount to a personal playground for a few people before they get bored and leave.

Quote:
There are no buttons, and the game apparently isn't optimized enough to draw all of the NPCs of the screen at one time that might appear. Those were two of the glaring inconveniences I experienced in my 2 minute playthrough of Facebook Classic (which is an atrocity by the way, nice job screwing up royally).
Who screwed up Facebook Classic? We don't control the clients and their limitations, we just do our best to work around them. There is no limit to drawing NPCs on the screen, and most limitations of Flash are visual and not really effecting gameplay. But keep on insulting our work since you obviously contribute so much more.