Thread: So?
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 10:23 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Well since you've baited me this far, I will explain what I am aware of. Stefan had the intention of releasing Graal2001 on Classic iPhone as a map that people could play on. I don't think it went very far, even though the content was uploaded onto the server. However, things unique to Graal2001 such as the hats, draisine, railroads, instruments, and areas such as the chair lift and horse race were released on Classic iPhone and bomies were released on Zone iPhone.

Dusty and I started working on Classic iPhone, didn't like how Graal2001's content was being released on the server, and started to pursue something more along the lines of old Classic. Someone outside of the team suggested the idea that Graal2001 and its content should be released as its own iPhone server. Classic iPhone was getting a huge playercount and the talks about splitting the server were around. Stefan liked the idea of linking the two, but having Graal2001 as its own thing, and it was given its own iPhone server. Stefan wanted to convert things and release it straight away, but I wasn't convinced that this would work as he had released all of Graal2001's best content to other servers, and believed it needed something more. Needless to say, it was pursued for about a month before it fizzed out. A few months later Skyld showed interest in taking Graal2001 to iPhone and was told to contact me. I didn't think our visions would match, we didn't really talk about it and nothing came of that. A year or so later the iPhone server was given to a different project.

So no, I am not managing the server nor do I have control over it. The person you need to contact with regards to reviving it is most likely Unixmad. There may be plans to pursue Graal2001 for iPhone in the future, but if there is it is not something I am currently involved in.

Last edited by Rufus; 04-26-2016 at 10:38 AM..