View Single Post
Old 07-21-2015, 01:12 PM
White Mage
Xenoith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
i do very much enjoy working on levels, graphics and overall everything on graal, i enjoyed it the past 13 years, but at some point in life you cant just work for free anymore when you know someone is majorly profitting off you without you getting anything in return aside from grattitude, you cant live off it

i very much agree that its the current players that prevent the server from growth, i would have made updates that would have had them gone, but gaining a fresh playerbase

and no, zodiac is not a dying cancer patient because of me

i cant think of anyone being cappable of taking over management of the server with the effect of flourishing

there is no need for me to relinquish my rights as it bears no harm
My question to you is this, what exactly have you been doing the last 2-3 months. I see you sitting in the corner of OSL idling all the time. You seriously can't tell me you've been working on the server. I also have a fresh list of players who need or should be removed from the server entirely, without the need of a full reset.

A lot of the players Elk have gone rogue from gaining gear and every day it's someone **** talking someone else and it just has to stop or Zodiac isn't going to get any better. I've been asking for quite awhile now to actually be hired as a GP and I even did an application. But Raven refused to hire me due to personal bias and I quote. "That account has been passed around more than a New York hooker." Symmasolan, after talking to Raven613 about hiring me as a GP. Those were the words he told me that Raven said to him. So because I move around a lot and my PC/IP Changes, doesn't mean I'm not the account holder. I've used this account for the past 10 years I've been on Graal as a whole.

People need to stop being so secluded from the community (staff) and need to start giving chances. The closest thing I had to staff position was ET and even then people enjoyed it when I hosted simply because I actually listened to the players. Which is what they need, they need someone to make their voices heard. Now mind you, a lot of those voices are negative, but they can be sifted through. There are a lot of good players who enjoy the server but there are others who purposely go out of their way to make people's lives miserable while they play.

There are people on Zodiac who go "Stop being such a baby over a game." Yet they're the first ones to flip out after you kill them. The logic is completely backwards. These are also the same players who will get their friends to harass you and just make your experience on Zodiac very miserable, since that is their goal. How would you like it if every day you left work, three or four thugs just beat you up. Just because they could do it? That's how it is on Zodiac. The fact that the entire Gmap is a PK Area is ridiculous, there are players who don't enjoy PKing and enjoy being outside with their friends. But that's here nor there. The point I am trying to make Elk is that the majority of the higher end players with the good gear. Are the most toxic, they berate, belittle, bully and verbally abuse players weaker than they are and it simply has to stop if anything the GP's don't do their job and when you sit there and say it to them, they can't handle it or make it a personal issue.

I understand the work is counted as "free" but if Zodiac gives scripters/editors a chance to improve their work in a gaming environment, then they should be happy. It's better than going into a field of that same work, scripting and your boss goes, "What the **** is this?" At least Graal gives you enough leeway to script and if it helps a community game. Even better.

tl;dr - Too bad. Read it. Not writing one.