Thread: Food Businesses
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 07:45 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
You purchase 1 the next day is it possible to make that slice of pizza expire on the 1st of February and so on?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkeySprinkles View Post
It will be a problem, a whole new system for food would have to be created, and all the current food must be removed (also a mild pain in the butt.)
This is the conclusion I always come to with this. Every food item would need to be ID'd or given some data so we know when it spoils for this to be effective. They would also need some way to distinguish which food item to use first out of the pile of identical items.

I just don't think that is logical. For example; we have to reset certain logs daily for them to be manageable -- and the Betflip DB (which reset just a couple months ago) is already too large to open without crashing my RC... this is storing maybe 2-20 different values per person. In the case of food we would have thousands of individual items per player.

But I'm a noob; maybe someone more knowledgeable has an effective way to figure this out and would like to make it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logababy View Post
The food businesses right now (I'm not going to lie) are just terrible, and need to be sorted out. I know for a fact one of the businesses, Speedy Pizza, made only about $500 in a whole week. Which is just not good enough, but I would also like to mention that we need players to have more of an incentive to want to stock. I'm pretty sure Katbot had a plan where if they worked then they would be rewarded which would obviously be ideal.

Players need to want to stock businesses and be able to work their way up, which is for some, the only reason they work. They simply just want more rights.

Whatever happens, there needs to be a change so hopefully we come up with a good idea.
If we have to reward people to make them participate in some part of the game then it probably isn't worth having that in the first place.

The system is archaic; speaking both to healing (eat item, gain life) and businesses (guild, grab npcs). Instead of trying to find a way to enslave people into pushing A or get other people to buy items that aren't in any way required (in the case of food businesses); we should either make them interesting/fun enough to stand on their own... or remove them and focus on improving elsewhere.

Last edited by Supaman771; 01-29-2015 at 07:56 PM..