Thread: Food Businesses
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 12:30 AM
Exolia Zephlyn
SharkeySprinkles will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to SharkeySprinkles
I like the idea of food rotting, and it's a thought we've all tossed around on my staff team many times. It will be a problem, a whole new system for food would have to be created, and all the current food must be removed (also a mild pain in the butt.)

The only problem I see here is the 1/2 value money being returned. You don't recycle food for money in the real world. If we did allow the feature of returning it for some value of money though, it would be a lot less than 1/2 of what you paid, that's just too much money for what is in reality garbage.

Instead, I propose a potentially different effect the "spoiled" food could give; Players could still eat it, it may grant a very mild health boost (much less than the un-spoiled counter part), and it would make them "sick". While sick, the players may experience slowed movement, a shaky screen, or potentially they may fall very ill and lose HP (all a roll of the dice for eating said spoiled food).

Over all, not a bad idea, but not sure if it's one we'll jump on too fast. I know player owned food businesses have issues, and I've been trying my hardest to think of ways to "fix" them since I got manager. I promise something will be done though, and this thread is a perfect place for anyone to pitch ideas.