View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 12:32 AM
Elite Member
Torankusu has a spectacular aura aboutTorankusu has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
If you're going to use SQL, you should leverage it else where.
Not sure what this means? Leverage the completed and incomplete info elsewhere?

Quote:
Are you going to have a character slot system? If so you should establish a 'characters' table. I.e.

Characters

ID
Account
I haven't considered character slots, but I guess it wouldn't hurt since I am setting up this structure to go ahead and implement them in the event we want to go that route.

Question about this also, I see you have the character's id stored in a clientr. flag designating which character they are at the moment (pl.clientr.characterid): Do the IDs have to be UNIQUE to ALL players, or just Unique to the account?

Ex: Can I have:
ID | Account
1 | Torankusu
2 | Torankusu
1 | fowlplay4

Quote:
Then your other tables you should use the Character ID as the reference. I.e. For Quests.......
this looks much better than the functions I have set up, but it will take me a few days to set this up and test some things as I am busy with work all week and will be out of town next week for the holidays...

My last question is -- I couldn't find anything in scripthelp for formatstring2?

Thanks for the help and suggestions! This has given me a few things to read up on and consider as far as setting up this structure!