Thread: Varia
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 01:35 AM
Varia Developer
Angel_Light is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Angel_Light Send a message via MSN to Angel_Light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rave_J View Post
I don't have that head loaded in my heads folder, if you could email it to me I'll upload it, sorry.
The story takes place post modern - apocalyptic time, humans have resorted to a medieval way of life, but in the Water story arc, after diving down three levels in the great ocean, you will have to explore a modern city in ruins, and go to a dungeon in there. There's also another modern city ruins you go to in Thunder Arc which located in the desert.
I'll check on the qmenu graphics and see what's going on there for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Need to adjust the width of the text GUI, will fix that, as for that hilarious name I'll add some generic swear filter to that. People will always find a work around to break it, that where I'll need staff to make sure people don't due that. xP
I actually intended the server to be played with using a 12 button game pad, but I do plan to go back through and add mouse support for everything here soon. I don't think I'll add typing support for the name creation though, unless there's enough voice saying to do so, I rather like the keyboard way of doing it, will add mouse support so you can just click the letter though.
I'll fix the stats window opening and I have planned to add to a skip button just have not gotten to it yet.

Need to add a check so when closing dialogue with A, it won't send the function twice to open it.

I'm contemplating putting the baddies on clientside since everyone's latency seems to be huge issue with them. In the video my latency was relatively low and I had no real issues with the baddies.

Keep in mind folks this is still a very early beta release with much content and detail to be added still. This is only the first dungeon of the Wind story arc.
I expect bugs and glitches, I don't have another person that can test stuff to see how it goes for them. That's why I'm releasing some content, this early, to get feedback on game play and get the online mechanics worked out.
So my apologies if it seems sloppy/rushed, it's a very early beta as I have stated.

Last edited by Angel_Light; 09-20-2013 at 01:51 AM..