Thread: Moving Forward
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 05:49 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
I swear, vast majority of Graal players are stuck with their late 90's computers or $200 laptops.
Many of the performance issues people face on v6 do not exist on v5. I've heard many, many reports from players with modern hardware running XP or 7 that run v5 flawlessly and v6 with very low framerates. Sometimes switching to OpenGL will fix that, sometimes not. Even people with brand-new computers occasionally have problems.

I tried compiling a list of hardware that was having trouble to attempt to identify the issue (a certain OS? graphics card? processor? ???) but couldn't find any pattern.

It strikes me much more as a compatibility issue rather than a raw power issue.

(FWIW, I've never had these types of issues on any device I've ever had, which is odd considering how common they are)