View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 09:27 PM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
How do you make an RPG less grindy? Genuinely curious to hearing how people would approach this.

Personally I want to see more crafting. Something like end-game dungeons where you could randomly stumble upon scrolls that unlock new crafting recipes. I remember talking to Stephen about this a long time ago. The chances of finding these new recipes would be pretty low. I'm not sure whether or not the recipes would unlock for just one player or if it would be server wide. Perhaps you could have both types of recipes?

Something along the lines of killing some dungeon boss and he drops a recipe of Bob's big ass helmet. If it was a server wide recipe the npc-server would notify everyone that someone just unlocked a new recipe and people would all gather in the crafting area and check it out.

I'd also like a way to equip an item but show a different item's graphic over it. Similar to the old glitching that was fixed years ago. Would be neat if it was a consumable item you used to alter an item's image. If the mechanic would force you to own both items (combining them maybe?) it'd be very interesting. It would also solve the problem that the glitching had with people wearing items they didn't own. This could bring back value to some older items without having to buff their stats.
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.