View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 04:04 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quick question, would players be able to go out of bmode? And if not would this effect exp gained when leveling? As of right now bmode gains extra exp then peaceful mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
This would probably discourage new players from joining a kingdom, not that we have some burgeoning group of new players desperately trying to join kingdoms as it is... I still don't want to discourage it.

It seems that those who are for the idea would also like to see some mechanism to prevent laming. Presuming laming could be prevented I think a system that favoured b-mode would be a step in the right direction.
I see your point. I wasn't meaning to be discouraging to trials to join a kingdom, didnt think that thru.

But yes, preventing lamming would be essential to keeping players on. They scare easily. As this thread stated, a 2 week trial period is not perminent. What's the worse that could happen 2 weeks later it goes back to normal and written as a failed attempt.. AT WORST.. the only way to see what happens is to try it and learn from the failure or success of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
Force everybody BMode with a phys lvl 60+, that players are usually fast enough to run in safe places.
I was running at 6.5 speed since I was about level 30 phy, level for phy has nothing to do with speed/dex of a player..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix_Xenophobe View Post
Why would you discourage new players from joining a kingdom?

I would like to see some sort of incentive to engage in pvp as well (other than the kill/death display in your profile)
I wasn't intentionally discouraging them. I didn't think that one thru. I was only saying it that way since currently you have to be in a kingdom to become bmode. I remember being stuck in bmode because I was kingdomless a long time ago and could not ring the bell.