View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 07:22 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
The OpenGL version doesn't support fullscreen mode yet, that could be a deal-breaker.
Can't you just make it switch to DirectX if they try to use Fullscreen mode or display an error saying they need to switch to DirectX? It should do this regardless.

The amount of people who play Graal in Windowed mode suffering from performances issues due to DirectX will be much higher than the amount of people who will complain about the lack of Fullscreen mode for OpenGL.

Just going to warn you again but if you release V6 players are going to complain about (if they're not addressed/fixed):

1. Scripted Playerlist (A downgrade from the Internal Playerlist they're used to).

o The scrolling when using the vertical scroll bar feels slower because it scrolls by pixel instead of row like the Internal Playerlist.

o Internal Playerlist uses a compact window border, Scripted External Windows use the full-fledged border.

o Doesn't use a OS Native GUI Style. I suggested this before you really need to find a better Native OS theme and allow people to an Internal and an External GUI Style instead of Default GUI Style. VPlusBlue also sucks, it completely lacks any kind of visual border, is there no Default Windows XP or 7 GUI Style? Attached one I was able to create, that I would prefer to use for External Windows but not in-game.

o Playerlist Docking isn't a default option/behavior (I misreported that it was broken due to that), nor is it as smooth as Internal Playerlist when it does dock.

o The highlighting problem we detailed extends to using the vertical scrollbar (one that players will experience) as well, if your mouse leaves the window it stops working.

2. Windows Font Rendering is Very Different (My Scripted RC vs External RC was a good example of this).

3. DirectX Performance compared to V5, this is avoidable if you just default everyone to OpenGL where they seem to have not nearly as many performance issues.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Windows XP style.zip (499.7 KB, 614 views)

Last edited by fowlplay4; 10-14-2012 at 09:29 AM..