View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 06:39 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Alright Stefan now that you're back from your vacation I thought I'd bump this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
So about 2 and a half weeks ago I emailed Stefan + Unix for the 2nd time (first time was ignored again) a German, French and English copy of Classic's micro-transaction plans.
Incredibly, I got a response just 2 minutes later. My astonishment quickly turned into disappointment however, when I read the reply of:

Quote:
Stefan: Can't you just do it in English, I feel stupid when receiving such mails.
The reason this is funny is not because the email did happen to include the original English copy, but because it implies it would have been read and/or replied to.

Stefan, if there is anything you should feel stupid about, it is the fact that you think of yourself as both a game designer and a business man, while utterly failing to even acknowledge the massive flaws, as well as the proposed solutions or requests for clarification, concerning the cancer you call observer mode.
Either you are ignorant of just how detrimental to gameplay observer mode is, or you are knowingly neglecting an issue which is bad for PC Graal's business.
And I also thought I'd show the response you shockingly managed to muster to my latest email:

Quote:
Stefan: you mean helping with Gelat items and getting rid of observer mode, or more about future developements?
Seems you were either taking the piss or have a ridiculously short memory.

We have a production-ready server of a particularly high quality imminently awaiting going live, which is perfectly capable of supporting a micro-transaction scheme, has a stable and experienced staff team, and has a high level of scripted security and monitoring. Yet the level of response I have received from you over the last 10 months, regarding the planning and preparation we have put so much effort towards has been utterly pathetic.

I get the fact iPhone is your golden goose and so PC Graal is a low priority, but it would not exist if not for the efforts of countless volunteer developers past and present, yet you still take take take, and never give back, not unless it benefits you directly. How many years were developers asking for you to implement a method to determine the killer with default hit detection?
You ignored these requests for all those years, right up until you yourself required it. I bet if someone offered a port of Graal that allowed a 1:1 transition of servers, a fair subscription policy, and no legal consequences, the vast majority of developers would jump ship.

I haven't even been demanding that you approve such plans, merely that you at least acknowledge them and give a decent response, basically show that you actually give a damn about this game. While I am extremely disappointed with the level of response, the one saving grace is that you do not deserve to be receiving any additional revenue from PC Graal.