Thread: Windows 8
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 09:36 PM
Senator Amsel Zephlyn
Spikedude will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff7chocoboknight View Post
Why on Earth would anyone want Mac OS X?
I bought my Mac when all the comparable windows laptops were using Vista, and my mac was using the Power-PC integrated OSX leopard. While mac was experimenting with extremely fast loadup times, compatibility with old programs, easy backups through time machine, and amateur media editing software (as emera already pointed out, GarageBand, which I still occasionally use to record music when I don't have my friends around to help me with stuff like Abelton); Windows was instead experiment with "HEY, HOW CAN WE MAKE OUR DESKTOP LOOK REALLY REALLY FANCY AT THE COST OF BEING ABLE TO RUN SIMPLE PROGRAMS?!" Macs back then were a godsend for anyone who planned on using a laptop in school (near instant startup, no viruses EVER meaning never losing files, never crashing mid class, etc etc), when the best PC alternative were either crappy netbooks or paying out the wazoo (and you'd still have ended up with either vista or the already-outdated Windows XP). Since then, Mac has ditched power-pc (making everything less compatible), made it as hard as humanly possible to develop freeware (due to the "app store" making so much money), and flown through 3 additional operating systems in the course of 4 years, while Windows buckled down and made an extremely successful Windows 7.

The reason I want Windows 8 now I already explained: It's free. They're beta testing it and you can download it straight from the Microsoft website for free.

I don't understand why people have to be such fanboys about operating systems. Microsoft and Apple are both money-sucking computer conglomerates who intentionally make new software incompatible with old versions so you have to repurchase every major program for every operating system. Neither is "the good guy" and they both have plenty of advantages and disadvantages. Plus, Windows 8 is moving HEAVILY in the direction of Apple as far as the lack of customization and the need to subscribe to their "developers program" in order to create software (aka say goodbye to freeware with windows 8).

TL;DR: shut up and answer the question, or just don't post PLZZZ