View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 01:05 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
You sound like you're just making up rules now. Since when were people allowed to evade and work on servers when they're globally banned? According to the code of conduct, 'Users whose accounts have been terminated by any Graal Online administrator or LINUX Cyberjoueurs himself may not access the Graal Online system in any manner or for any reason without the express written permission of Cyberjoueur'. Moreover, if Jerret has a history of 'asking people sexually charged, highly inappropriate questions in public' and there has been 'a degree of harassment from him' then why would he be allowed to work on Zodiac at all? Do you realize how stupid that sounds?

I don't agree with the hypocritical nature that you seem to work in favor of yourself and the projects that you work on. You might think it is acceptable to make Jerret out to be some big bad that the PWA had to remove, but based on how you've allowed people (namely those within your circle of friends) to get away with much worse, I do not know how you expect anyone to take this seriously. I can only assume that you'll throw in that Jerret was a manager and thus is expected to have acted in a more professional way than what your buddies were doing. If he was actually doing his job though, which he clearly was, wouldn't it have better served THIS case to have left him banned from the forums?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperialistic View Post
Rufus is on point, Tig you're just making up new rules as you go. (and enforcing them on non-friends)
Is that so? Because I don't recall ever referring to anything I said as a "rule" by which we abide. No, in fact, I explicitly said that we handle each situation on a case-by-case basis. If someone is banned, and wants to prove himself/herself, we welcome people to purchase new accounts and play on them until they misbehave again (unless we consider their presence a threat to the community in some way). We're allowing Jerret to stay as a developer on the -dev server only- where he will not be interacting with players, so I'm not sure how you see it's "stupid" of us to allow him to work on Zodiac privately. His presence on the dev server would only help Zodiac.

I work in favor of Graal and Graal's community, and every decision the PWA makes is in, what we consider to be, Graal's best interest. You may not agree, clearly you do not here, but you said it best yourself, Jerret was not behaving properly as a manager (on a very popular server), a position we hold to higher expectations, and we gave him ample warning before making this difficult decision.

Of course we weighed his value in the community as a scripter against his negative personality traits, but again, we unanimously agreed that he is not worth his trouble. Anyways, I feel that I've really exasperated this discussion more than I normally would, and there's really nothing more that can really be said by anyone. I think everyone has pretty much voiced their complaints and we've explained our stance.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”