Thread: Unholy nation
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 09:05 PM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by skillmaster19 View Post
Limiting currency was a terrible way to attempt replacing observer mode. Some items couldn't even be received because of their prices vs gralat/ec cap.

Try and mimic the success the iPhone servers have by adding "gralat packs" or "ep packs" for gelats. UN is similar to iClassic(just better), so I don't see why stefan wont like a model similar to iClassics which was very successful.
The limits were based around the most expensive items for each currency that were sold directly by vendors so the only thing it prohibited was player trading, which was the entire point since there needed to be some incentive to upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
I think Stefan's main concern with UN is how easy it is for corrupt staff etc. to add weapons to players. Edit attributes, add another weapon, ta-daa! Doesn't give the best of confidence for implementing a gelat shop and removing observer mode.
In terms of item security I think we're sort of beating a dead horse because whatever I can do to prevent staff members from getting things they shouldn't can easily be undone by said staff members.

Without any real engine support which I've asked for numerous times in other threads, the best I can make are scripted workarounds that anyone else with NC can ignore. I'd be frustrated if the problem is staff being untrustworthy since right now they're trusted to the extent of somehow bringing revenue in, and any requests that are made to throttle abusive behavior basically need an engine implementation that is not forthcoming