Thread: Nw2png2.0
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 08:00 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Alright, this is nearing completion, though Chris Vimes is also contributing and looking into solving the memory issues.

I've squashed a lot of bugs, and I sat and talked with Thor as he rendered his maps, sorting out various bugs and he eventually ended up with a rendered map and no issues. However, this update is for some more major feature updates:

> NPCs and Ganis are now stored differently, but together. This makes things a little simpler in the code, but more importantly it allows me to sort them before I render them. Now they're sorted via their Y position, meaning NPCs should now no longer draw oddly over each other. However, because of the way ganis and such are rendered, there were slight complications. If a gani was in front of a door for example, but one tile below it, it was still being rendered under the door because of the way gani offsets are handled. So to compensate this I gave ganis a "handicap" so that if their Y matches a non-character Y, they would get draw over priority. However, because I've added this, it will also allow me to eventually parse for drawoverplayer() and so on and add that into the calculations when sorting.
> Render Characters toggle now works. Though, it only works if a character is deemed a character via showcharacter. If you're simply setting a gani like setcharani idle,null; then it will still be drawn.
> Fixed loads and loads of parsing bugs

So unless people have some major bugs will this, I'll probably sort out a nice write up about it and have Crono update the original post.

edit: Catching nullpointervalues now so it shouldn't hang when it encounters those problems, and should notify you via errorlog.
Attached Files
File Type: zip NW2PNG2.0.zip (248.4 KB, 1289 views)

Last edited by DustyPorViva; 11-27-2011 at 05:44 PM..