Thread: Another attempt
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 10:07 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedzed View Post
I'm focusing on the fact that the shadows underneath the second fountain base doesn't seem to lock in with the shadows at the front. It's which ever way you look at it I suppose. That said the light source on this fountain is obviously inconsistent. As it seems the light source seems to differ on different elements of the fountain. Light source is a very important component of every image of this sort.

Although I do agree, it probably does come second to the shape and proportions of the image.
And the fact that the image does actually needs more added to actually make it a fountain.
It's not exactly uncommon for lightsources in this type of graphic to be thrown out the window. You really can just dismiss realistic light sources and instead focus on how shadows will compliment the structure and design. In such a simple design, having shadows cast directly below, even with contrasting wall shading, isn't exactly unheard of. He definitely needs to invert the wall shading like suggested above, though.