View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 07:27 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Are you seriously developing 8 hours a day though? Also, you gotta think about server upkeep and other expenses on their end, and then the fact that you have a whole staff team too.
You don't really need to develop 8 hours a day. Once the server is finished my role would be mostly support and probably bug fixing.

My idea is still to make that trading card game server. It's one of the few servers that would work as a cross-platform iPhone & PC server because there is no advantage for PC players. Also if Facebook takes off 1000 players would probably be low balling, and it could be many times more than that. I'd only need to make one or two new cards a day and release them as an update at the end of each month or on special holidays to keep things moving, so there would be very little development overhead.

And if I make booster packs buyable with in-game currency and with gelats there are bound to be lots of lazy people that just buy them with gelats.
And for holiday cards, if I give them away on the day and then make them buyable with gelats for up to a week after the day then that will probably rake in some dough as well.

Could easily be a very profitable server.