View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 03:49 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
What do you enjoy about PVP?
(Its rewards? Experience? Ranking?)
The only reward should be the ranking. PVP with numerous rewards to better players only imbalances it. Good players don't need any help to improve. I honestly don't have much to say about PVP because I saw the next question and immediately climbed up onto an unnecessary soapbox.

Quote:
What do you enjoy about PVE?
(Drops? Boss kills? Rare Spawn Drops?)
I enjoy nothing about standard PVE in RPG type games

I'm going to come out and say it now. The typical MMO formula for PVE is terrible. Grinding for item drops being based only on small percentages is probably the biggest bull**** in all of gaming, especially at higher stages when those rare drops are something highly sought after. Granted, this ties into the "economy" thing (which is shockingly just as dumb!). A player shouldn't be expected to have to grind through 100s of low level monsters to get an item for a quest or something. Likewise, they shouldn't spend hours and a lot of effort on single very strong and slow spawning monsters/bosses for an item that probably won't even drop the first time. This is not fun, it's padding. My ground breaking suggestion when it comes to drops is Monster X always yields reward X. Always.

This not only takes grinding strain off killing monsters for items over the course of hours (or seconds, because random percentages), but encourages developers to come up with more ways of obtaining items than killing the same enemies over and over. Farming, crafting, alchemy, NPC controlled shops, etc. Seldom do multiplayer RPGs take this route to its fullest, and instead still depend on random drops as their backbone.