View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 12:35 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
What's the difference between a long-term and short-term project? It's projected usage? I don't see how that implies anything, considering the only two members of the development team that helped out during Christmas were scripting staff. Had this effort been placed into another project, it would have been just the same? I think it's more about motivation not being provided and not selling project so they seem attractive and important. That's what got the presents system done, it wasn't a requirement.
Yes it's projected usage, and also something UN doesn't have very often. Constant development is always put on seasonal projects, and while that's not a bad thing at all, it's always the case where little is sought for long-term. I would love to think any staff member's motivation would be trying to provide some long-term playability for the destitute UN. I wanted to get CastleWars done for the longest time, literally since May. I wrote up a big comment sheet trying to list the ideas, dev progress, current developers on it, and even urging constructive criticism of the ideas, but that wasn't even enough for the scripters.

As jazz said, he is practically the only scripter on UN, and with that said, it's very hard to get multiple projects going.

I'm not sure where this "doing everything myself" stance derives from considering I tried to provide level support for whatever project was underway that I knew would get the necessary scripting support, whether it was disregarded or even entirely discredited (sup door).

Level support has never been a huge problem, and probably will never be.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)

Last edited by MysticX2X; 01-03-2011 at 12:46 AM..