View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 11:27 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
I don't think you quite understand how hard it is to get the current scripters to focus on long-term projects at all. Yes this means GK and Jazz also. Why do I say this? Because I've tried to get both their help on long-term projects before I said **** it and quit.
What's the difference between a long-term and short-term project? It's projected usage? I don't see how that implies anything, considering the only two members of the development team that helped out during Christmas were scripting staff. Had this effort been placed into another project, it would have been just the same? I think it's more about motivation not being provided and not selling project so they seem attractive and important. That's what got the presents system done, it wasn't a requirement.

Quote:
I wouldn't completely blame the current depression on the manager since we've basically went through four different managers in 2010, though GK managed to get a couple releases going, not to mention **** after **** after **** placed on top of all the other problems through subsequent managements. It's more of lack of staff unity that serves the problem.
I said in my opening post that it has been like this for a long time now, and nobody has done anything to stop it. In my opinion, it is the passing on to current members of staff that has continued the problem, because it's like they know no different.

Quote:
UN is in a spiral of failure, and another management change will do nothing to alleviate the problem. This thread is pointless.
You may have given up on the server, but that doesn't mean my thread is pointless. There is still a playerbase, and there is still interest from both developers and players, but nobody is taking advantage of it. We've gone over this so many times now with the current guy, who doesn't seem to care at all. Don't need people like that.