View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 10:22 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Question about Stats and Skills

The last one is supposed to be Allow player to set own stats and automatically add skills upon level up

I'm trying to figure out how I want to make stats and skills on a side scroller I'm messing around with.

Question 1:
Do you guys prefer to have your statistics added automatically each level or do you enjoy having the option of getting a set amount of stats to place in any of customizing your stats and putting them wherever you want. However adding your own stats could cause a player to mess up the character and make it harder to level and pk/raid with.

Question 2:
Do you prefer getting skills at a set level or having the option to rank up certain skills. Same as stats, adding your own skills could cause a player to mess up the character and make it harder to level and pk/raid with.

example of ranking up; Everytime you level up you get 1 skill point to spend which you can add to any of the skills currently available to you and it will add the skill to you and each time you rank up the same skill it will reduce mana cost. You will get skills earlier but end game would be exactly the same as if they were added to you automatically.

example of getting skills at a set level; You level up... bam you have fireball.

Discuss why you chose what you chose in the poll.

Last edited by Cubical; 10-17-2010 at 10:53 PM..