View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 05:24 PM
Headmaster of Hogwarts
MrDumbledore is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa View Post
I have reason to believe that there is a problem with the speed system sending false-positives regarding speedhacking to RC.

I just got jailed for 30 days on Era for attempting to carry 2.9k plain donuts to be sprinkled.
Apparently, it flagged that I was trying to hack my speed and given my jail/ban record, it isn't easy to prove that I didn't do it.

Basically I just picked up a bunch of donuts, decreasing my walkspeed from about 1.08 to 0.33. I attempted to walk toward a table to "sprinkle" the donuts. Something triggered ToRC saying I was hacking my speed.
"Masa (Masa) has been caught hacking his/her speed [delta: 9.615432977]"

Should a fix be found, make it a priority to unjail me.
You are correct, this is a false-positive which has been reported to Stefan (and which he's acknowledged).

On Mac (and possibly Linux), when you resize the client it increases the FPS so the interface elements move smoothly rather than moving jaggedly since they move at a slower FPS than the OS. This causes it to catch the increased FPS and call you a speed hacker. Point the Era staff to the post below (or this one) and I'm sure they'll unban you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
When you resize the Graal window, Graal appears to run at a higher frame rate in order to create smooth resizing with GUI controls (using vertSizing and such). As a result, scheduleEvent and possibly other time commands run faster than Graal's 20 FPS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Era
Jail System: cbk1994 has been jailed by (npcserver).
Reason: cbk1994 (cbk1994) has been caught hacking his/her speed [delta: 7.010026931]
Time: 30 day(s).
I was caught by Era's speed hacking protection, which involves the server sending a message to the client, the client waiting 10 seconds (scheduleevent), and the client then returning the message. If the time is significantly less than 10 seconds, it's considered to be a speed hacker.
Skyld can also confirm with the Era staff as he's tested it with Chris.

e: I contacted Era staff and they've unbanned you.

Last edited by MrDumbledore; 10-03-2010 at 06:13 PM..