View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 11:04 AM
_Zelph is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinny View Post
Are you really this stupid? I have no idea about the staff structure of UN. I have no idea (...).
Look. I was being facetious there. That's my fault, although I tried to be over the top.

I was just playing on the fact that you, while making it clear that you didn't have a clue regarding the circumstances of the bug or who was involved with it, still had no problem in not only diagnosing it but calling people lazy too. This hapless finger-pointing irks me to no end and has gotten me screwed over more than once in "real life". You could have just said "I think it's a problem with external windows" instead of making a black sheep.

Quote:
My thoughts are simple: if trying out external windows, perhaps create a separate testing script so can leave the original intact. It seems somewhat logical to me that you don't add scripts you are testing/developing to every single player. The beta is closed for now, yes, but if the beta goes public with the same apparent issue?
My thoughts are also simple. The v6 beta is the "separate testing script" and v5 is the "intact original". A 30+ page thread full of bug reports, half of which seem GUI-related, are why I won't have any qualms about the forums looking bad in a situation where people expect things not to work right in the first place. The forum script is not in testing and whether it's "under development" or not is subject to interpretation. The fact is that if v6 were functioning properly (defined by the behavior of GUI controls for the past numerous years), then the forums would look fine. The placement of all GUIs is external-agnostic in the sense that they all use client-relative placement.

If v6 is about to be rolled out and a tweak has to be made for them to look good, then fine. However, it'll be the developers who lose in that situation because they now have to retrofit their scripts to accommodate a bug in the new client that didn't exist before.

Quote:
Why have you never mentioned this until now?
Did I miss a deadline or something? I think I'm less active here than you think.