View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 04:11 AM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
I figure just starting with dustari and santerrain would be sufficient. Even then I would hold off the whole "there is actually a player in charge of the entire kingdom" thing, mostly to avoid competing with GK for retarded power struggles and each new king tearing down all the stuff that happened before him, and also so there is more room for actual staff to flesh out the kingdoms with interesting content. Ideally you get some clever people on board to script out interesting politics and whatnot if people want a proper backdrop for their roleplaying, but just doing the GK thing and handing out ranks and hoping that some cool kingdom dynamics spontaneously evolve is probably not the way to go.
I'm all for that. A few months ago I started working on a plan for Santerrain to revamp the town and improve it. I wanted to make more use of the space for future player housing or for other needs, and give it a more Japanese look.

I also think that one of the important things for kingdoms is to establish a color scheme for kingdom's flag, uniforms, and anything else related. I want to be able to tell what kingdom a person is a member of just by seeing their outfit, if they choose to wear their kingdom's uniform of course.

I've attached the first image I made to highlight how I wanted to divide the town. I actually added outlines to the levels I still have to show where buildings could go and where the main road and walls divide the town, don't have shots of that stuff.

Edit: I think we should keep playable bomy's but improve them and possibly make it possible to transform into one at will. Despite some of the previous disadvantages of playing as a bomy, I liked that you could do something not possible on other servers.

Edit 2: If not having hands is a significant disadvantage then we either need to come up with another advantage to balance it out or just go with the psychic powers thing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Samurai Town Map - Zones v1.png
Views:	180
Size:	836.8 KB
ID:	51456  

Last edited by Inverness; 08-04-2010 at 04:25 AM..