View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 03:33 AM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
  • I despise the custom bodies and want the normal ones. They have a great deal more content available for them and are more familiar to just about every graphics artist.
Meh. The old bodies are kind of crappy and do not really lend themselves to player customisation beyond hats. Not sure how great the custom bodies actually looked, but I could see some room for gimmicky kingdom-specific accessoires. I guess I would make this contingent on what you can do for graphics artists.

Quote:
  • It's ridiculous that bomys could only move in one of four directions at a time.
Is having playable bomies even worth it? The whole "no hands" thing makes most things really stretching it, and I am not sure if dividing content beween humans and bomies as well as possibly between the kingdoms is really worth it. To what extent did players choose to be a bomy, anyway, and how many of them were involved in kingdoms? Is playable bomies really a thing or can we just make the interesting parts work through pets/npcs/story?

Quote:
  • I believe it is important to focus on kingdoms, but I don't think it is a good idea to have all five available to players at the beginning as to not dilute players among the kingdoms if there isn't a decent server population. I believe it would be best to start out with 3 kingdoms, then increase to 5 depending on kingdom/server population and demand. I don't know how old G2k1 players would feel about this, so I'm interested in hearing opinions.
I figure just starting with dustari and santerrain would be sufficient. Even then I would hold off the whole "there is actually a player in charge of the entire kingdom" thing, mostly to avoid competing with GK for retarded power struggles and each new king tearing down all the stuff that happened before him, and also so there is more room for actual staff to flesh out the kingdoms with interesting content. Ideally you get some clever people on board to script out interesting politics and whatnot if people want a proper backdrop for their roleplaying, but just doing the GK thing and handing out ranks and hoping that some cool kingdom dynamics spontaneously evolve is probably not the way to go.