View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 01:30 AM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
I am not obsessed with quests. They are pretty enjoyable for a classic themed server, and while theyre making random things, they could at least make quests which has always seemed appropriate for a classic themed server. From reading your post, you're actually going to say a pet system is more relevant to a classic server than quests? You may be right because UN has always thrived on the most random ****, and that really isn't a good thing if UN wants to attract non 8 year olds for long.

Quests are however not stupid when made with a little bit of effort to have some half decent puzzles. UN hasn't really attempted that, and while UN remains a classic server, they should at least make things relative to a classic server. Quests are also very enjoyable for the people who like to engage in some non-competitive, self-paced enjoyment. Maybe that isn't the case for era as Era is a server whose playerbase only cares about getting the best gun to kill somebody. That there is a whole other story.

The only reason quests had minimal impact was because most recent ones are of poor quality and UN before had a 200+ playercount with lots of active sparrers/pkers/guilds to suffice the enjoyment. Honestly, the quests that were made recently are just walk through doors, and fight some buggy boss with your sword. Although, I did find the dojo quests interesting (though hard), when they were released 3 or so years ago.
You do understand that even though I play Era currently, that doesn't mean I never played any other server before. I have more hours on UN and played UN for a MUCH longer time.

What i'm trying to say though is quests are for the most part boring, no matter how you set it up. You do it once get the item, never do it again. There's no reason to doing quests other to achieve the prize at the end.

Staff and development work is better suited else where. Do you honestly believe that people will keep on going back to do quests when they have no reason to do so. I don't care if it's a puzzle or not once I do it I most likely will be able to solve it again even faster.

Also, i'm not trying to say a pet system has any relevance to a classic server, however, did Manta's RPG system have any relevance to a classic type server? No, they are the direct opposites. However, the pet system will most likely interest a group of some people and it's actually something you can do multiple times and not get bored of. Quests you do once then never do again.