View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 08:15 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
Not if community names are seamlessly implemented.
Community names will never be as seamless as normal account names, for as long as they can be changed, and that's the whole point of the system.

Which is being able to change your "variable account name" so you can have a * in front of your nickname, so you can't plan systems based on community names always being the same.

If they change the system so that they can't be changed, then they might as well admit defeat and go back to the normal account creation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Could perhaps trigger a function when the player logs on and they have a new community name, allowing them to adjust scripts accordingly... however with my idea in mind players should hardly ever be able to change their community names, just like they didn't allow them to change their account names. But if something happens and they need to, it will be much easier and won't break the player completely.

I'm sure if they really tried hard, they could implement community names in a way that will make them seem just like old account names did.
Yeah but I doubt they're going to try real hard to make it work for us.

Also it's just easier to plan your systems to use player.account, then having to write something to make it feel seamless, not to mention player.communityname looks ridiculous compared to using player.account in scripts.