View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 12:35 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Default Movement + HD

The use of default systems on Classic is something that has often been requested.
The truth is that it quite simply cannot be put straight into use, the majority of custom systems, content and event levels are not compatible with it, it would probably take several months of continued re-working in order to reach the point the server is currently at assuming that was the direction.

But it is ultimately something that may be best for the server in the long run,
there is a large shame that it would put the work of alot of people myself included post npcserver to waste, and that some features might not be able to get replicated, otherwise it would provide an easier Development platform as there wouldn't be the issue of new Developers not being used to the custom systems, on top of the systems being what most Graal players are used to, it could also be argued that this should have been done in the first place.

But having said that there are no concrete plans to go ahead with it,
the current focus is very much on short term additions to the current server.
However it is something that is being explored,
thankfully Storm renewed his Dev Polo server subscription and has allowed me to put default aswell as a few basic custom systems in place, and also a patch of Graal City from the Old overworld (the real thing wouldn't necessarily have to be the Old Overworld) inwhich to test within, the server is also Classic Subscription enabled so there's no observer mode issue for any non Gold player who tries it out.

I am curious as to how many people would be in favour of this, and if this is the case for the majority what exactly should be remade to work with it and what should be discarded, for instance Events are arguably a must, whereas remaking the current Quests wouldn't be so important.