View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 11:40 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesolateRestriction View Post
This isn't a finalization by any stretch of the imagination. No, someone does NOT have to write an essay to help throw in an idea or two and it's sad that you feel that way. I have no particular personal interest in this thread other than the ideas about growth/improvement of the game and her community.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Any person really interested in helping Graal will have to work first in a large group discussion to help finalize goals for the "development path". The reading and writing which will go into that alone will likely amount to a small essay on each person's part
I'm emphasizing group work. Not individual development.
Quote:
If you are speaking about kownsoldier, it was a warning to the readers of the thread, not an insult. Since you're such an avid follower of only posting about
the original post's topic, why are you so determined to point out every little thing imaginable like a little girl with her feelings hurt?
It's kind of sad that, before development can even begin, someone is getting defensive. Any clear thinking person would recognize that I've been correcting poor assumptions - and they have, so far, been entirely neutral. Where you got the idea that I was "like a little girl with her feelings hurt" is beyond me, but I suppose it goes to show the maturity level of the community - and why I emphasize we need to improve the community before anyone should consider advertising.
Quote:
But if you're not, then I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at.
I AM interested in helping. I stated in the original post that if someone wanted details to forum PM me. If you're referring to the website section in my original post, I stated that it was partially flaming. Mostly just my opinion, but a majority agree with it. It gives a wrong first impression to new comers, I've tested it.
I'm not sure how, in one paragraph, you can rant like an unstable psych-ward patient, and the next try to reason like a normal human being. It makes it hard to take someone serious.

This is the second time you have taken the thread off topic to personally attack an individual - first was unknownsoldier, and now me. The difference is that I have been actively participating in the thread. I have been researching the concept for nearly a year now and you can find my conversations about it in three threads - which I can link to later if you can't find them.

Quote:
Where exactly are YOUR ideas? I didn't see them so much as I saw whiny criticism about a majority of the posts in the thread...
Not everything is about shooting your mouth off, to randomly give ideas - that's not the first step. A group of willing participants needs to be organized first, so everyone can fairly discuss their ideas. That way the group can determine a "path of development".

I've also said that it would be nearly impossible to arrange and very unlikely to succeed - because people are so easily insulted, ignoring the long term goals for their own immediate feelings.