View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 12:03 AM
o_O
Deeek will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
I read news articles all the time. I don't have a favorite reporter. This is because all reporters generally report the news the same, and that's because the news itself does not depend on the reporter. It's text, guys.
So, which would you pick: CNN, or FOX?

Christ, guys, it's really not that hard. Are you going to sit and listen to a crazed hobo give you the news?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooper200000
In response to the abbreviations rule, it was because of multiple instances of it being abused. It wasn't just words like QFT, much like Frankie said. There were a lot of abbreviations being used at the time, and some people were even taking those abbreviations (Such as QFT) as harassment because they thought it was a personal attack on them because of the differing definitions.
Basically just a reiteration of what I said before, and twisted around a bit. Personally I think you're insane for making rules against acronyms. They're a common part of the English language. Hell, I used a couple in this post! Just because you don't know what one is or might be frightened of it doesn't mean you should make a rule against it. I certainly won't expect any in your news!