View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 05:21 PM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
In response to the abbreviations rule, it was because of multiple instances of it being abused. It wasn't just words like QFT, much like Frankie said. There were a lot of abbreviations being used at the time, and some people were even taking those abbreviations (Such as QFT) as harassment because they thought it was a personal attack on them because of the differing definitions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeek View Post
Yeah, but have you actually listened to these problems? Apparently not (from what I'm reading). Listening is a good skill to have for this job, you know...
Yes, I've listened to the problems and I've addressed them. These are things I'm taking into consideration that I'm going to work on since these seem to be problems.

Quote:
I'm sure they would have to read it if it was pasted in front of their faces every minute they're in game. Willfully? Doubtful.
When you login, you will see the news.

Quote:
Your arrogance is silly. Good writers make mistakes. Bad writers refuse to see these mistakes.
So we all make mistakes?

I am not being arrogant. I am saying that I won't mess up because I care about this.

Quote:
Your self-delusion only widens the gaping fallacy of your argument. Your opinion is, at least, subjective. Let's look at it this way - if your side was correct then would most of the people in this thread be arguing with you? "You're wrong because I'm right" isn't going to cut it. You have to present reason. Assuming that the everyone else in here is stupid isn't helping
I'm not assuming everyone else here is stupid. Only you seem to think that.

Quote:
Read what I said above. Think really hard. Repeat, if necessary
This is a forum. People are going to say what they want irregardless of wether or not they like you
Your self-delusion only widens the gaping fallacy of your argument. Your opinion is, at least, subjective. Let's look at it this way - People will say what they want, but they read this thread. Those same people will most likely read the news.

Quote:
This is a forum. If threads on here have any considerable amount of activity to them people are going to flock to them like moths to a lamp. The majority of posts that I'm seeing here are replies to your arguments. If you've been here for a while you'd know that this is nothing special in this forum.
You're not really listening to what I'm saying anyways so I'll make this short- Why am I going to read your news if I don't like you? Simple: I'm not going to read your news if I don't trust you. Slander, bias, sources, etc. Can I take your word? Prove to me that I can trust you when you've proven to be two-faced.
I have been here for a while. This thread has had considerable of activity.
The majority of the posts are responses to my explanations.

You can take my word. Lets look at my moderation comments. I've said that if you have a problem with what I'm doing to forum PM me. I replied to their comments when they made them. I haven't gone on for days as I'm sure some of them would have liked, but I follow through with my word and commitments. Try looking at the Zone staff who have posted. They know I'm reliable and consistent and if I say I'm going to do something, I do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmoothcriminal View Post
If your to do a good job reporting news then you have to be able to get staff to fully cooperate and be willing to help you get the story.
Therefore you have to BE LIKED. Its got everything to do with doing the job properly. You cant force news out of people if they dont want to help you.
You don't have to be liked to do the job. It helps, but you don't have to be liked. You do have to get staff to cooperate and be willing to help.

Quote:
It would seem that your role now is more then enough for you.
My role right now isn't more than enough for me otherwise I wouldn't have applied.

Quote:
Right but therefore he is not the ideal candidate for the position. Particularly if others are going to have an easier time doing it (not to mention his other responsibilities).
Others might have an easier time gathering news, but they may not have as much success in writing the news. My other responsibilities only help me by giving me continued experience to allow me to improve in the news administrator position.